Situated in one of the planet’s most favorable and sunny corners in the tip of Europe, Greece is a top tourism destination worldwide. City-breaks, incentives, conferences, sports, cruise; Greece offers memorable moments to all visitors.
Greece is well-known as a cradle of the western civilization. Is the origin of drama, history and philosophy, the birthplace of democracy, not to mention the first conceived Olympic Games and the Marathon Race.
Visit this vibrant and exciting country, graced with charm and hospitable people!
In Greece, you are standing at crossroads of cultures, colors and civilizations, you feel the grandeur of history and the warmth of being at the southernmost part of Europe, you discover the evolutionary process of thought, influence and experience.
- A country with a uniquely affluent historical past, inhabited by people gazing confidently and optimistically into the future.
- A country that although statistically small, is huge in its diversity.
- A landscape that has given us thousands of postcard images but remains incredibly vibrant and impossible to capture.
- Greece is a country of beautiful contradictions, a constant journey in time, from the present to the past and back again.
- Walk through the olive groves, through ancient sites. Move to clusters of sparsely inhabited islands. Roam from beaches to rocky mountains and explore the breathtaking scenery.
In Greece the fusion of images becomes more than imagery and turns into reality.
Greece meets international healthcare standards and have access to comprehensive and integrated healthcare delivery services and systems offering treatments in heart surgery, orthopedic, obesity, spine surgery, cosmetic surgery and a lot more.
Greece has emerged as a leader in medical technology and surgical procedures, offering
- highly qualified,
- and experienced care in all medical fields.
We provide increased access to medical resource for international patients. Physicians, surgeons and medical facilities and hospitals in Greece now provide medical tourism services and health and wellness access points in Europe.
As the birthplace of modern medicine, Greece also offers exquisite architecture, art, museums, accommodation and most of all, friendly people, inviting and welcoming visitors from all regions into their country. Medical Tourism-in-Greece makes your medical travel to Greece easy and affordable. We provide concierge services that aid patients and their family to have a carefree visit, as well as online travel services and accommodation in some of the best hotels in the country.
Explore, customize, and experience healthcare options that fit your personal needs, finances, and desires.
The official language is Greek, however English is very well spoken and understood in major cities/islands and tourist areas.
The weather in Greece is warm and mild. Especially in Athens, from May to late October is mainly sunny and warm. But really the weather depends on the location. The islands of the Cyclades and Crete have a Mediterranean climate. During the summer temperature can reach more than 100oF (40oC). Winter in Greece – November to February – is never heavy, temperature ranges from 0oC to 15oC. Spring and Fall time are the most climatically pleasant times to visit Greece.
Visa / Entrance Requirements
U.S. and Canadian citizens do not require a visa for stays up to 90 days; however a valid passport is required.
Airlines Servicing this Destination
Greece has many airports, but the ones most pertinent to medical tourists are:
- Athens-Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (also the closest airport to Achaia) (ATH)
- Thessaloniki-Macedonia International Airport (also the closest airport to Chalkidiki) (SKG)
- Crete-Nikos Kazantzakis Airport/Heraklion Airport (HER)
- Rhodes-International Airport Diagoras (RHO)
- Mykonos National Airport (JMK)
- Santorini International Airport (JTR)